Recipe courtesy of Nik Michael Imran
BANANA BREAD METHOD:
- Mash overripe bananas.
- Into the breadmaker pan, add in flour, white and brown sugar, salt, oil, milk and lastly the mashed bananas.
- Add yeast into the yeast dispenser.
- Use the bread function, and leave the bread baking for approximately 4 hours.
- When done baking, slice bread into 1 inch slabs.
- In a heated pan over medium heat, melt some butter just enough to toast each slice.
- Place one side of the bread down onto the butter and swirl it on the pan to evey toast.
- In a pot over high heat, add in sugar and continuously stir until it caramelizes and turns into a deep brown.
- Lower heat and add in butter. Continue to stir.
- Add in cream, whisk it in. Turn off heat.
- When its cooled, pour it into a piping bag and set aside for final assembly.
WHIPPING CREAM METHOD:
- Add whipping cream into a cold metal bowl and whisk.
- Gradually add in icing sugar while still whisking.
- Dress a plate with some butterscotch sauce with the piping bag.
- Place a slice of toasted banana bread on the plate, add 2 tablespoons of whipped cream on the toasted side.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on the bread and serve.
- 270g Hi-Protein Flour
- 10g Brown Sugar
- 10g Castor Sugar
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1tsp Instant Yeast
- 150g Milk
- 15g Canola Oil
- 100g Overripe Bananas
- 150g Butter
- 500g Sugar
- 240ml Cream
Whipping Cream Ingredients:
- 2 cups Whipping Cream
- 1tbp Icing Sugar