Classic fried rice with fermented black olives, minced chicken, black pepper and cashews nuts
1) Wash, drain and cook preserved black olives rice in the rice cooker. Coarsely chop the preserved black olives using the mixer grinder.
2) Heat oil, add the garlic and black olives, and sauté until fragrant.
3) Add the minced chicken and cook for 1 minute. Mix in cooked rice and fry until well mixed.
4) Season with pepper and fish sauce. Garnish with cucumbers, coriander, chilli padi and cashew nuts, and serve immediately.
- 3 cups Thai Jasmine Rice
- 3 cups Water
- 5 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp Teochew preserved black olives
- 100g Minced chicken, blanched
- 2 stalks Chinese Kale (Kai Lan), optional, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- Cucumbers, sliced, as desired
- Coriander leaves, as desired
- Bird’s Eye Chilli (Chili Padi), chopped, as desired
- Cashew nuts, as desired