Puff pastry layered with vanilla lemon cream and blueberries.
- Prepare the pastry. Line a baking tray with baking paper and dust the surface with icing sugar, set aside. Roll out the pastry to the same size as the tray. The pastry should be as thin as possible. Cut rectangles (about 9cmx5cm) and place them on the prepared baking tray. Sprinkle with icing sugar, then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the microwave oven by pressing OVEN once, turn the dial to 200°C, and press START/SET. Bake the pastry for 5 minutes, and then take it out and sprinkle with more icing sugar. Return to the microwave oven and bake for 5 minutes more or until golden brown in colour.
- To make the vanilla lemon cream, use the hand mixer. Mix together the cream, icing sugar and vanilla until medium stiff peaks form. Fold in the lemon zest and juice. Transfer the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1 cm straight nozzle. Whip the mascarpone cheese in a bowl and transfer into a piping bag without nozzle.
- Place one of the pastry thins on a serving plate. Pipe the mascarpone cheese onto the pastry and arrange the blueberries on it. Pipe the cream on top and layer another pastry. Repeat the mascarpone, blueberries and cream layering. Top with another pastry, then sprinkle the topmost layer with icing sugar.
Tips: If you want a less sour lemon cream, use only the juice from half a lemon.
- 115g, plus extra for dusting Icing Sugar
- 250g Puff Pastry 250g
- 200g Blueberries
- 150ml Whipping Cream
- 25g Icing Sugar
- 1 pod Vanilla Pod, seeds only (or 2 drops vanilla extract)
- 1 Lemon, fine zest and juice
- 150g Mascarpone Cheese