Breakfast Egg Cups
- Place 3 large ramekins in the Panasonic Electric Oven on and preheat at 190oC for 20 minutes on top and bottom heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Parmesan batter by whisking together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate, oil-free bowl, whisk the egg whites and salt with a hand mixer until foamy.
- Add the sugar and continue to whisk for another minute.
- Add the cornflour and whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold one third of egg whites into the egg yolk mixture, then fold in the remainder of the egg whites.
- Remove the preheated ramekins from the oven and brush the inner bases and sides with oil.
- Pour batter into each of the ramekins to two thirds full.
- Return ramekins to the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until the batter is half-cooked and domed in the centre.
- Pull the oven tray out and press down in the centre of each half-cooked batter with the back of a large spoon to make an indentation. Pour an egg into each ramekin, ensuring the egg yolks go into the indentations.
- Return the tray into the oven and reset temperature to 160o Bake for another 13 – 15 minutes until eggs are set. Serve hot.
- 30 g self-raising flour
- 10 g sugar
- 30 g Parmesan cheese powder
- 22 g vegetable oil
- 30 g milk
- 2 small egg yolks
Egg White Batter
- 2 small egg whites
- 12 g sugar
- 10 g cornflour
- large pinch of salt
- oil for oiling ramekins
- 3 small eggs, broken out into individual bowls
For extra bite, add a little chopped sausage meat or chicken slice to the egg yolk batter before folding in the egg whites