- Preheat Panasonic Electric Oven on to 230°C.
- To prepare the dough, combine all the ingredients and knead by hand until dough is smooth.
- Place the dough in a medium bowl and place into the Panasonic Electric Oven set on Fermentation mode, to proof until dough has risen to double in size, about 60 minutes.
- To make the dip, combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring until all ingredients all well combined.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a tight, smooth ball and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- For each pretzel, roll a piece of dough into a long thin strip about 1½ to 2 inches wide.
- Spread shredded mozzarella cheese along the centre. Sprinkle a tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the mozzarella. Pinch the two edges of the dough together to seal.
- Braid into a pretzel and transfer dough onto baking tray lined with parchment paper. Glaze with an egg wash of combined egg and milk. Scatter grated parmesan cheese and parmesan cheese powder over the pretzel and sprinkle a little parmesan cheese over the dough.
- Bake in the oven at 230°C for about 30 minutes. Serve hot with homemade tomato sauce dip.
- 200 g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sugar
- ¾ tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml water
- 15 g – 20 g shredded mozzarella
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese powder
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 2 tbsp milk (for egg wash)
- ¼ grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ parmesan cheese powder
Homemade Tomato Sauce Dip
- 200 g canned diced tomato
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt
Serve the pretzels warm with warm tomato sauce