- To make the green curry paste, place all the curry paste ingredients in a blender and process until smooth in consistency. Set aside.
- In a wok or a saucepan, heat 240ml of coconut milk over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the green curry paste and slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the remaining coconut milk and return to a boil.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until the meat is no longer pink for about 5 minutes. Add the fish sauce, eggplant and green beans and cook for 10 minutes. Add the Thai basil leaves and cook for 1 minute. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve with steamed white rice!
Green Curry paste:
- 4 stalks lemongrass, bottom 10 cm only, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 10 fresh green Thai chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp galangal, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1/3 cup shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 5 green or black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1½ tbsp palm sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 120ml water
- 360ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 340g boneless, skinless chicken, thinly slice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 120g Thai or Asian eggplant, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- ¼ cup Thai basil or sweet basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 lime, cut in wedges