- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken with white onions, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, dark soy, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are distributed evenly. If the consistency is too watery, you can adjust it by adding in more breadcrumbs.
- To shape the meat to form the Quenelle shape, first take 2 identical tablespoons. Use 1 spoon to scoop up enough meat to cover the spoon, then do an upward scooping motion using both spoons, leaning the meat against the spoon as you do this so that the shape forms.
- Then oil a baking tray and line up the chicken quenelles on it to bake in the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, toss all the ingredients into the blender and use the Pulse mode until a slightly chunky consistency is achieved, like a sambal.
- In a pan over a medium heat, toss in the white and black sesame seed mixture to dry toast for only 1 – 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour sesame oil, rice vinegar, lime juice and honey. Give it a stir. Then toss in the green cabbage, purple cabbage, red bell pepper and toasted sesame seeds and spring onions (leaving some for garnish). Toss gently to combine, and season lightly with salt.
- To serve, arrange the chicken quenelle on a plate next to a bed of salad. Garnish with some sesame seeds, spring onions and a side of coriander sauce.
- 300g medium-lean ground Chicken
- ½ White onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbs Tomato paste
- 7-10 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dark soy
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 small eggs (or 1 large egg)
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Vegetable cooking oil – for brushing
CORIANDER SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 handfuls of Coriander stalks and leaves
- 1 green Thai chili
- 1 of a medium Tomato
- 2-3 pinches of sea salt (to taste)
- 4 tbs Water
SESAME SLAW INGREDIENTS:
- ¼ Green cabbage, shredded thinly
- 1/4 Purple cabbage, shredded thinly
- 4 Spring onions, sliced on the diagonal into 2 cm pieces
- 1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 2 tbs White & Black sesame seeds
- ½ tsp Sesame oil
- ¼ cup Rice vinegar
- 2 tbs Honey
- Juice from 2 Limes
- Salt to taste