Make this claypot favourite at home with a rice cooker instead! Add in shiitake and black fungus, red dates, scallops and chicken when the rice is halfway cooked. Once the rice is cooked, you'll have your claypot dish!
- In separate small bowls, soak shiitake mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms, red dates and dried scallops in warm water until softened. It takes about 30 minutes for the shiitake mushrooms, wood ears and red dates, and about 2 hours for the dried scallops.
- When softened, drain the shiitake mushrooms, then cut and discard the stems. Slice into quarter caps and set aside. Remove the tough stems from wood ear mushrooms, wash and drain. Set aside. Remove pit from red dates and set aside. Drain the scallops but keep the liquid to cook the rice.
- In a medium bowl, mix the chicken and marinade ingredients together. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the rice well and drain. Place in a rice cooker and fill with water and scallop soaking liquid to cook. When the rice is half cooked, place the chicken, shiitake mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms, red dates and scallops evenly over the rice and continue cooking until the chicken and rice are both cooked.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients together until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the rice is cooked, scoop into a bowl or serving plate. Add the chicken on top, drizzle sauce over and garnish with green onion and cilantro before serving.
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- ¼ cup dried wood ear mushrooms
- 6 dried red dates
- 6 dried scallops
- 100g boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, thinly sliced
- 4 cups long-grain rice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster-flavored sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped