Chilli Cheese Sausage Dip
- Put bread flour, plain flour, sugar, salt and yeast into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add milk, water and egg. Mix until combined (by hand or with a mixer using a dough hook).
- Transfer dough to a medium bowl and place in the Panasonic oven. Set oven to Fermentation for 60 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 (or up to 14) pieces and roll each into a short strip. Wrap a strip of dough around a sausage and place in a cast iron pan or any suitable heat-proof dish. Repeat with the rest of the dough and sausages, placing the sausage rolls in a circle along the outer base of the pan.
- Glaze surfaces of sausage rolls with egg wash.
- Preheat oven on to 230oC (about 20 minutes).
- Bake sausage rolls for 12 – 15 minutes until light golden.
- Whilst the sausages rolls are baking, prepare the chilli con carne. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sweat the onion and garlic.
- Add the minced chicken and cook, using a wooden stirrer to break the meat into very small clumps.
- Add the celery and capsicum, diced tomato and then tomato puree. Stir.
- Add the cumin, oregano, chilli powder, chilli flakes, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the flavours are blended.
- Add the pinto beans and cook until mixture is heated through. Keep hot until ready to use.
- When the sausages rolls are done, spoon some hot chilli con carne onto the centre of the pan and top with a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 5 – 10 minutes until the cheeses have melted. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- 200 g bread flour
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2½ tsp instant yeast
- 55 g milk
- 70 g water
- 20 g egg
- 10 – 14 cocktail sausages
Chilli con carne dip
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 125 g minced chicken
- ½ stalk celery, finely diced
- ¼ red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 170 g tomato puree
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- salt to taste
- 1¼ tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ can pinto beans, drained
- 30 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 30 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped
Melt the cheese just before serving