Chocolate infused brownie with vanilla ice cream
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 100g All-purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 113g, plus more to grease pan Unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 140g Baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 150g Caster sugar
- 55g Light brown sugar
- 3 Large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 115g Semisweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat the microwave oven by pressing OVEN, set temperature to 180°C, and then press START. Proceed to butter the baking dish. Line with baking paper and let it hang over two sides. Butter the baking paper.
2) In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then set aside. In a large saucepan, combine butter and espresso powder. Heat on low and stir until butter has melted. Add the chocolate and stir constantly until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in both sugars until well combined. Let the mixture cool slightly.
3) Whisk eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture and keep moving the batter around until combined and no longer grainy looking. Add the flour mixture to the batter and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4) Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth the top with a greased spatula. Bake in the preheated microwave oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream.