Chocolate Donut Cakes
- Preheat Panasonic Electric Oven on to 210oC.
- To make the peanut butter cream filling, cream together cream cheese and peanut butter. Mix in icing sugar and cream until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- For the donuts, cream together the butter, oil and sugars until combined.
- Add the egg, beat for 1 minute until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Add the salt and mix well.
- Fold half the flour mixture into the egg mixture, then add the milk and vanilla. Mix briefly.
- Fold in the remaining flour mixture into the batter.
- Fill the batter into a piping bag.
- Pipe the batter into a non-stick donut pan to about ½ cm below the top rim.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until done. Remove donut pan from oven and leave the donuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning them out to cool completely.
- Halve the donuts and sandwich them with peanut butter cream filling.
- Drizzle the top of each donut with melted chocolate.
- 20 g unsalted butter, softened
- 3½ tsp oil
- 30 g castor sugar
- 25 g brown sugar
- 34 g large egg
- 102 g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- a pinch of baking soda
- 7 g cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 75 g milk
- ⅛ tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g Semisweet chocolate, melted
Peanut Butter Cream Filling
- 110 g cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 125 g icing sugar
- 60 g whipping cream, added a tablespoon at a time
Split the cake doughnuts into half after they are completely cool to prevent crumbling