Coffee Cheesecake Pots
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Benjamin
- Grind chocolate biscuits into crumbs together with coffee powder using your hands.
- Prepare the mousse by beating whipped cream to stiff peaks with a hand blender. Next, whisk cream cheese with coffee shot, sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add one third of whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and fold it in gently. Next, fold in the remainder of the whipped cream.
- Now, get ready to assemble the pots. Fill the base of each jar with a layer of the mocha cookie crumbs. Top with a layer of cheesecake mousse. Dip the sponge biscuits into coffee, and place on top. Top with some more of the cheesecake mousse mixture, then a final layer of the mocha crumbs.
- Coffee cheesecake pots can be served immediately, or chilled in the fridge until ready to eat.
Mocha Cookie Crumb
- 150g chocolate vanilla sandwich cookies
- 1tsp instant coffee powder
Coffee cheesecake mousse:
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 block cream cheese (about 225g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs instant coffee powder, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- ½ packet ladyfinger sponge biscuits
- 250ml brewed coffee, sweetend with 2 teaspoons sugar