- 70g yellow tofu
- 150g baby bok choy
- 240ml iced water
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 ½ tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ cup garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 4 red bird’s eye chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Iced water
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Slice the baby bok choy in half lengthwise and steam until tender-crisp for 3½ to 5 minutes. Remove and rinse with iced water; drain well. Toss the bok choy with the sesame oil and ½ teaspoon of the soy sauce; set aside.
- Fry the garlic in the cooking oil until golden brown. Remove garlic from the oil and set aside but keep the oil. Toss the tofu with the garlic-flavored oil; add green onion, chilies, the remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce, oyster sauce, five-spice powder and white pepper to season and coat evenly.
- Place the tofu on the grill tray, place in the middle shelf in the microwave and cook until the tofu is heated and crispy, for 1 – 2 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the baby bok choy around a plate; place the tofu in the center and garnish fried garlic over the tofu.