Crispy fritters with a hint of curry – the ideal pick-me-up, these add a boost of energy, together with vitamins and dietary fibre.
- Parboil potatoes in a large pot of water for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on their size) until soft. Use a fork to check if the potatoes are well-cooked. If the fork goes in easily, the potatoes are done.
- Preheat the microwave oven at 180°C. Peel the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher or fork. Pulse all the vegetables and the egg in the mixer grinder to obtain a coarse mixture. Season with cornstarch, salt, pepper and curry powder.
- Shape the vegetable fritters with a spoon and place them on an oiled tray.
- Bake the fritters in the microwave oven by pressing DOUBLE GRILL/GRILL once to select Double Grill. Turn the dial to set cooking time to 15 minutes and press START/SET. Bake until golden brown, and serve with mesclun greens on the side.
Tips: Use waxier varieties of potatoes like the granola or hertha so the fritters can bind without the addition of any cornstarch.
- 200g (about 3 spuds) Potato
- 100g Corn, chopped
- 50g Celery, chopped
- 50g Carrot, chopped
- 50g Onion, chopped
- 10g Garlic, chopped
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- For serving Mesclun Greens