- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 headless prawns with shell
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Mince garlic in a food processor then, pan fry half the garlic until fragrant and set aside.
- Use scissors to remove legs from prawns. Slice open each prawn lengthwise from the belly side, leaving the back and shell intact. Flatten each prawn and lay it on a heatproof dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the garlic with salt, white pepper, sugar and fish sauce.
- Sprinkle the garlic mixture evenly on each prawn and place dish in a microwave on the upper shelf to cook.
- Once cooked, garnish with shallot, cilantro and soy sauce.