Refreshing spicy papaya salad with shrimp, tomatoes, long beans and peanuts
1) Combine all dressing ingredients together. Set aside. Using the hand blender, grind the dried shrimps coarsely.
2) Heat oil and lightly fry dried shrimps until crispy.
3) Peel the green papaya, slice it in half and scrape out the seeds. In a large bowl, grate the papaya. Then add the sliced tomatoes, long beans, peanuts and toasted dried shrimps.
4) Pour over the dressing, tossing well to combine. Scoop into individual bowls and serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 55 min
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 4 tbsp Thai palm sugar
- 1 Bird’s Eye Chilli (Chilli Padi), sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp Dried shrimps, toasted
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 250g Green papaya, shredded
- 1 Medium tomato, seeded and sliced
- 50g Long beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 3 tsp Peanuts, skinless and toasted