Homemade green tea flavoured ice cream served with red beans.
Preparation Time: 1 hour (does not include freezing time)
6 Servings (about 1 litre)
- 3 Eggs, large
- 3 tbsp Green Tea Paste (3 Tbsp green tea powder mixed with 1 Tbsp water)
- 150g Sugar
- 475ml Milk
- 475ml Whipping Cream
- As desired Red Beans
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, beat eggs, green tea paste and sugar until well-blended and pale green in colour. Add milk and continue beating. Heat the mixture on MICRO POWER medium for 7-9 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator until cool (about 30 minutes).
- Stir in the cream and put back in refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or preferably overnight. Transfer the green tea mixture to an ice cream maker. Follow directions from the ice cream maker manufacturer.
- Serve the green tea ice cream with a siding of red beans or red bean paste.
Tips: If not using an ice cream maker, place the mixture into the freezer for several hours or overnight. Remember to stir the mixture every 30 minutes for the first 3-4 hours to break the ice crystals and make the ice cream smooth.