Kam Heong Lala
Recipe courtesy of Nik Michael Imran
- Blend shallots, birds eye chilli and dried prawns.
- In a wok, heat up some oil for sautéing blended ingredients until caramelized.
- Add curry powder, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and cooking caramel. Mix and set paste aside.
- With a little oil, fry curry leaves, add Kam Heong paste and stir to combine.
- Add clams and water, mix well and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue frying until mixture is dry and clams are well coated. Serve.
- 5 Shallots
- 5 Birds Eye Chilli
- 2tbs Dried Prawns, soaked and drained
- 1tbs Curry Powder
- 1tbs Oyster Sauce
- 1tbs Soy Sauce
- 2 stalks Curry Leaves
- 2kg Clams, on half shell
- ½ cup Cooking Oil
- 2tbs Sugar
- 1tsp Cooking Caramel
- 3tbs Water
- 2tsp Salt