- In a bowl, mix all the batter ingredients together. Whisk well to combine.
- Strain the ingredients to get rid of any unwanted lumps.
- To prepare the filling, heat up oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté chopped shallots and garlic until fragrant.
- Stir in minced chicken and fry until the chicken is cooked.
- Add in meat curry powder, red chili powder and sweet soy sauce followed by salt. Stir well.
- Mix in the prawns and fry until cooked.
- Grease the mould with some oil.
- Place mould into Panasonic Cubie Oven and preheat oven to 180C on convection mode.
- Remove mould and pour in the batter until 3/4 full.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of filling onto each kuih.
- Return mould to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and sliced red chilies.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 100 g minced chicken
- 5 prawns, deveined and chopped
- 1½ tsp meat curry powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Spring onions, chopped
- Red chilli, thinly sliced