- Combine coconut milk, water, oil, salt and sugar.
- Place glutinous rice into Panasonic Jar Rice Cooker (SR-ZX185).
- Pour coconut milk mixture and stir. Then cover.
- Select menu select “Quick” and set rice to “Long Grain” and press start. When done, allow to cool slightly.
- Grease a cylinder mould with some oil.
- Press glutinous rice into mould and compress the rice with a rolling pin (or other similar object).
- Shake to remove glutinous rice, wrap with banana leaves (1 piece, going round rice cylinder in 3 layers).
- Put the lemang on a tray and place into Panasonic Cubie Oven.
- Set mode to “Convention – No Preheat” at 220 C and bake for 10-12 minutes or until banana leaves turn brownish.
- 500 g glutinous rice, soaked for 4 hrs then drained
- 120 ml coconut milk
- 360 ml water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp sugar
- Banana leaves, scalded