Enzymes are live bacteria with protein molecules which control almost every biochemical process in our body. They are crucial for our metabolism and food digestion. Consuming homemade fruit (or
vegetable} enzymes has many benefits. They can help our bodies maintain a high alkaline PH, increase our immune system and digestive system, increase our energy level and at the same time help to lower our cholesterol.
To prepare your own fruit enzyme at home, you will need the following tools:
• Fruits of your choice
• Chopping board
• Glass jar with lid
• Cane sugar, brown sugar or honey
Ratio to use: 3-part of fruits to 1-part of sugar (or honey)
1. Clean and air dry the fruits and glass jar. There should be no moisture or the bacterias will cause the batch to turn bad.
2. Cut the fruits in slices.
3. Line 1/3 layer of the jar with the fruits slices. Top the first layer with 1/3 of the sugar (or honey).
4. Line a second layer of fruits and repeat with another layer of sugar.
5. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times as if you are making lasagna.
6. The final layer should be sugar (or honey) and you have to leave some breathing room, about 1/3 of the jar at the top layer to allow for fermentation process to take place.
7. Cover with the lid and store the jar in a cool, dry place. There is no need to place in the refrigerator.
8. Shake the container gently everyday to get the sugar to coat the fruits nicely.
9. There is no need to store in the refrigerator. The enzyme should be ready in approximately 3 weeks.
10. However, after opening the lid for consumption, place enzyme in the refrigerator. The cool temperature will slow down the fermentation process and delay the enzyme from turning into ethanol alcohol.
11. The enzyme is good for daily consumption and it is recommended to take before meal.