Hearty and healthy platter of baked chicken and assorted root vegetables.
- Preheat the microwave oven by pressing OVEN once, turn the dial to set the temperature to 200°C and press START/SET. Marinate the chicken breast with salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grilling pan and grill the chicken breast on both sides with a dash of olive oil until you get grill marks on the chicken breast.
- Cut the lemons in halves. Roast all the vegetables and lemon halves on the grilling pan. Once lightly roasted, transfer onto a baking tray. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Add the grilled chicken breast and top with the vine cherry tomatoes and bake in the preheated microwave oven for 10 minutes, or until the grilled chicken breast is cooked through. Garnish with fresh thyme and drizzle with juice from the roasted lemons to get a slightly smoky flavour.
Tips: Remember to rest large pieces of meat for at least 5 minutes after cooking and before cutting. This ensures most of the delicious juices are sealed in.
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 25ml Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- 200g Vine Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 sprig Fresh Thyme
Assorted Vegetables Ingredients
- 100g Brussels Sprouts
- 100g Leek
- 100g Carrot
- 100g Baby Aubergine
- 100g French Beans