- 34 grams butter, some extra for coating ramekin
- 188 grams milk
- 98 grams granulated sugar, some extra for coating ramekin
- 34 grams bread flour
- 7 grams salt
- 68 grams egg yolk
- 112 grams egg white
- 135 grams dark chocolate
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven at 190°C.
- Butter ramekins lightly and coat with sugar.
- With a hand mixer, mix butter, flour and salt in a bowl until well combined.
- In a pot over low heat, dissolve 75g of sugar in milk, then add butter mix into the pot and whisk well.
- Once the mixture is well combined, add chocolate and continue to whisk.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and add egg yolks to mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until it reaches a frothy consistency, then add the sugar and continue to whisk until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mix, part by part, until well combined.
- Pour into 4 ramekins in equal parts.
- Bake in an oven for 17 minutes.
- Serve with powdered sugar on top.
Chef’s tip: Serve with a scoop of ice-cream too!