MUTTON SOUP METHOD:
- In a bowl, season the meat with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small pan, toast the coriander seeds, white and black pepper, fennel and cumin over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Set aside to let it cool.
- Into the mixer grinder’s mill jar unit, combine cooled spices with turmeric, ginger, garlic and nutmeg powder to grind at medium setting until smooth.
- In a heated pan with oil, toss in the spice paste, cardamom, star anise, ginger, cardamom and onions, stir frying until fragrant.
- To a pot of boiling water, pour in the fried paste and add in the meat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and allow to simmer for an hour.
- After 1.5 hours, add the cabbage, carrots, potatoes and tomatoes.
- Simmer for another hour till tender. Adjust salt seasoning here should you need to.
- Serve individual shanks in bowls, pour soup and vegetables over, then garnish with fresh cilantro, fried shallots, julienned red chili, green onions and lime wedges.
- Into the bread pan, add in flour, butter, milk powder, sugar, salt and cold water.
- Then pour yeast into the yeast dispenser.
- Close the bread maker lid and bake bread on Rapid Bread menu.
- The bread will bake in 2 hours.
- Remove pan from bread maker when done using oven gloves, then allow to cool before slicing to serve.
- 6 small Mutton shanks, scalded clean (about 1.5kg total)
SPICE PASTE INGREDIENTS:
- 5 tbs Coriander seeds
- 1 tbs White peppercorns
- 1 tbs Black peppercorns
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ inch fresh Turmeric
- 30g fresh Ginger, peeled
- ½ tsp Nutmeg powder
- 5 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 2 tbs Fried shallots
- 1 stalk fresh Cilantro, sprigs
- 1 stalk Green onions, chopped
- 1 Lime, wedged into 4
- 1 Red chili, julienned
- 5 tbs Vegetable oil
- 1 large Red onion, quartered into 4 and loosened into individual layers
- 5 Cardamoms, bruised
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 3 Star anise
- 1-inch Ginger, peeled and bruised
- 3 litres Water
- 1 quarter of a White cabbage, leaves separated
- 200g of Carrots, large cubes
- 300g of Yellow potatoes, large cubes
- 1 large Red tomato, quartered
- 4 stalks Spring Onion
- Salt to taste
- 280g High Gluten Flour
- 10g Butter
- 2 tbs Sugar
- 1 tbs Milk Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 201ml Cold Water
- 1 ½ tsp Yeast