Recipe courtesy of Nik Michael Imran
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Combine egg whites and salt, whisk using a hand mixer until foamy, then, add vinegar and continue whisking until soft peaks have formed.
- Add sugar bit by bit until meringue is shiny and stiff peaks have formed.
- Toss in vanilla extract and fold gently to combine. Sift the corn-starch into the same bowl and repeat folding everything together.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Use some meringue mixture to glue paper on to tray to hold it in place.
- Form little bowls of pavlovas, about 2-3inches wide, using a spatula. Leave some space between bowls to leave room for expansion.
- After baking for 75 minutes, ensure that its dry. Then, turn off the oven and crack open the oven door slightly to allow the oven to cool down gradually for 30 minutes.
- Whip cream in a cold metal bowl with a hand mixer.
- Slice strawberries and scoop out passionfruit flesh into separate bowls and set aside for topping.
- To assemble, place a generous dollop of whipped cream in the hollowed middle of the pavlova, then top with sliced strawberries and passionfruit. Serve.
- 4 cold Egg Whites
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2tsp Vinegar
- 4tsp Corn-starch
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 750ml Whipped Cream
- 200g Strawberries
- 3 Passionfruit
- Pinch of salt