Chocolate sponge covered in white chocolate, on a stick.
- With the hand mixer on high speed, beat eggs, sugar, ovalette (if used) together until thick and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the sifted flour, cocoa powder as well as baking powder and mix well with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, condensed milk and vanilla essence together until fluffy. Add the butter mixture to the egg mixture gradually, using the lowest speed of the hand mixer. Do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased rice cooker pot. Choose CAKE menu, press START and bake the cake for about 1 hour. Allow the cake to cool completely before turning out of the rice cooker pot.
- Crumble the cooled cake into small pieces. Add the softened cream cheese and form the mixture into balls. Place a stick into it and freeze for 10 minutes. Melt white chocolate (add colouring if you prefer) and dunk in the frozen chocolate ball on stick. Let the chocolate set and decorate as you wish.
Tip : Ovalette is an emulsifier commonly used in sponge cakes. You may use it to keep your cake soft and smooth.
- 3 Eggs
- 90g Caster Sugar
- 140g Cake Flour, sifted
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 165g Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Tbsp Ovalette (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Condensed Milk
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 100g Cream Cheese, softened
- 200g White Chocolate
- 30 Pop Sticks
- Colouring and Decoration as needed