Pear poached in red wine and infused with vanilla.
1) In the rice cooker pot, mix the red wine, water and sugar. Choose the PORRIDGE menu and then START. Bring the mixture to a boil with the lid open.
2) Peel the pears, slice in half (or quarters, if you like) and remove the core.
3) Add the vanilla pod and the pears to the rice cooker and cover with the lid. Switch off and let the pears infuse and cool down in the liquid for 1 hour. Once cool, remove from the rice cooker.
4) Arrange the pears on a serving platter. You may also serve the pears with vanilla ice cream and garnish with a mint leaf.
- 6 Pears, peeled and cored
- 200ml Port Wine
- 400ml Water
- 200g Sugar
- 1 Vanilla stick