Succulent pan-seared scallops served with green vegetables and basmati rice – high in protein and low in fat
Preparation & Cooking Time: 45 min
2 – 4 Servings
- 100g Basmati Rice
- 160ml Water
- 15g Ginger, sliced
- 8 pcs Hokkaido Scallops
- 100ml Port Wine
- 2 Lemons, zest and juice
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 20ml Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Italian Parsley, chopped
- 200g Local Green Vegetables
- Wash the basmati rice. Cook in the rice cooker with the water and ginger. Press MENU SELECT to select WHITE RICE and press START.
- Preheat a frying pan and sear the scallops on each side for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Let them rest for 1 minute afterwards.
- Add the port wine, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic into the frying pan to deglaze. Add the scallops back into the frying pan and add the Italian parsley. Cook for about another 30 seconds.
- While the rice is cooking, steam the vegetables in the steaming basket in the rice cooker when you see “5 minutes” on the LCD screen. Drizzle the sauce over the scallops and garnish with some Italian parsley and caramelised lemon zest. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
Tips: When using frozen scallops, thaw them out slowly by placing them in the chiller compartment after removing them from the freezer. This prevents too much moisture from being lost when the scallops are thawing.