Recipe courtesy of Ann Lian
- Using a food processor, finely shred ginger and tumeric.
- To prepare the fish, sprinkle some corn starch and salt onto one side of the fish.
- In a pan, add some cooking oil and fry the side of fish coated in corn starch until crispy then put aside.
- Using the same pan and oil, fry the ginger and turmeric until crispy. Sprinkle salt and put aside.
- In the same pan, add some more cooking oil and add the black vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and a little water to deglaze the pan. Bring to a slow boil then place the fish back into the sauce with the un-fried side down, cover the lid and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Ladle the fish onto a plate, pour the sauce over and garnish with the crispy fried ginger and turmeric strips.
- 100g ginger, finely shredded
- 20g turmeric, finely shredded
- 1 black Pomfret (any fish except mackerel)
- Corn starch, to season
- Salt, to season
- Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce