- Wash the jasmine rice 2 or 3 times to get rid of excess starch. Combine the stock with the saffron threads, including water, salt and raisins. Cook in rice cooker.
- On low to medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a pan and throw in the chopped onions. Keep stirring over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until caramelized and brown.
- When the rice is ready, top with the toasted cashew nuts, caramelized onions and sliced herbs. Toss before serving.
- 4 cups uncooked Jasmine rice
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pinch saffron threads, warmed in 1 tablespoon of hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup cashew nuts, halved vertically, toasted
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 6-8 mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2-3 daun kunyit (turmeric leaves), thinly sliced
- 5-8 daun kaduk (betel nut leaves), thinly sliced
- 8-10 basil leaves, thinly sliced