- In a wok, heat up the oil to 150°C to individually fry sliced garlic and sliced shallot until lightly brown. Then add in red chilies. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Toss the prawns into the bowl of tapioca starch to coat evenly, then shake off any excess flour before deep-frying the prawns, only for about 2-3 minutes. Be sure not to over-cook.
- Next gently drop the boiled eggs into the oil to fry on medium heat until the skin becomes
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all ingredients in small saucepan. when it comes to a boil, lower the heat and cook the sauce until thicken. Add half the fried shallots into the sauce, take it off the heat and cool it down slightly.
- Halve the fried boiled eggs and put on the plate with prawns, dash the sauce over and sprinkle with fried chilis, garlic and remaining shallots.
- 6 Prawns, medium sized, deshelled and butterflied
- 4 Duck eggs, boiled for 4 minutes then dropped into ice bath
- ½ cup Tapioca starch
- 5 Shallot, sliced
- 4 Garlic, sliced
- 6 Small dried chilis, soaked in hot water then drained
TAMARIND SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 120g Coconut sugar
- 5 tbs Tamarind paste + ¼ cup Water
- 3 tbs Fish Sauce
- 1 stalk Cilantro – garnish
- Enough Vegetable oil to deep-fry