- In a mixing bowl, beat together all the eggs and extra egg whites from the 3 separated egg yolks.
- In a large bowl, toss in fungus, bean thread noodles, shallots, cilantro, prawns and half the goji berry.
- Then slowly fold in the eggs into prawn mixture with a spatula. Add in oil, fish sauce, white pepper and water. Continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Line a round dish with plastic wrap then pour the mixture in.
- Carefully place the 3 yolks and 3 prawns on top of the eggs. Then sprinkle remaining goji berries.
- Steam in the Cubie Oven at low steam for 30 minutes.
- When done, take it out of the Cubie Oven and prepare a small saucepan with hot oil. Toss in some salt, chopped green onions and sauté for 10 seconds. Then spoon out the oil over the steamed eggs.
- Carefully lift the cling wrap with egg to a serving bowl, and remove the cling wrap.
- To prepare the pickled vegetables, toss together daikon, carrots and salt in a non-reactive bowl. Stir continuously for a few minutes, then discard of the accumulated water in the bowl. If the vegetables are too salty, give it a quick rinse under running water, but not to completely wash off the salt.
- To the bowl, add sugar and vinegar. Stir to dissolve, then set aside to pickle in the fridge.
- Then, make the sauce. Dissolve the sugar in hot water. Then combine add in the lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, garlic, red chilies and chopped peanuts. Set it aside after stirring it well.
- Garnish with red chili, chopped peanuts and green onions. Serve with a side of pickled vegetables and Nuoc Cham sauce.
- 7 large Eggs, 3 yolks separated in a bowl
- ½ cup Wood ear fungus, rehydrated and minced
- 40g Bean thread noodles, rehydrated cut into 1cm
- 200g Prawns, washed and peeled, 3 pieces reserved aside
- 3 Shallots, minced
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp White pepper
- 1 tbs Vegetable oil
- 2 tbs Water
- 4tbs Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs, Goji berry, soaked and drained
SPRING ONION OIL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 tbs Vegetable oil
- 4 tbs Spring onions, finely minced
- ¼ cup roasted Peanuts
- 1 Red chili, julienned
- 1 tbs Soy sauce
- Pinch of Salt
NUOC CHAM SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 tbs Fish sauce
- 3 tbs Palm sugar
- 5 tbs Hot water
- 3 tbs fresh Lime juice
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 2 Red bird’s eye chilies, sliced
- 2 tbs Roasted peanuts, chopped (save 1 tsp for garnish)
PICKLED VEGETABLES INGREDIENTS:
- 200g white daikon, cut into thin matchstick strips
- 200g carrots, cut into thin matchstick strips
- 4 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs salt
- 5 cups white vinegar