- Lay the sliced ginger and spring onion on a heatproof plate and lay the Norwegian Salmon pieces skin side down on top.
- Steam the Norwegian Salmon in a steamer over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, combine all the sauce ingredients except miso in a saucepan and bring up to a simmer.
- Remove from heat; mix the miso in and whisk until evenly combined.
- Taste the sauce and add in more miso if needs to be saltier.
- When the fish is cooked, remove the plate from the steamer and pour the sauce over, and garnish with shredded spring onions and coriander leaves.
- In a small pan, heat up the peanut oil or vegetable oil until smoking and then drizzle over the top of the fish. Serve with a side of lemon wedges.
- 4 portions of Norwegian Salmon
- 1 large piece of ginger, sliced
- 6 spring onions, cut into 5cm sections
- 100 millilitres white miso
- 150 millilitres non-alcoholic Mirin
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 100 millilitres water
- 1 cup spring onions, finely shredded
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil or peanut oil
- Lemon wedges