The classic strawberry cheesecake.
- Preheat microwave oven by pressing OVEN, set temperature to 160°C, and then press START. Using the hand mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed for 4 minutes until smooth. Add sugar, beat for 4 minutes. Add salt and vanilla, beat after each addition. Add the eggs, one at a time, beat after each addition. Add sour cream and whipping cream, beat after each addition.
- Pour the cream cheese filling over the graham cracker crust in the foil-wrapped springform pan. Smoothen the top with a rubber spatula. Place the foil-wrapped springform pan inside a larger pan (about 2-3 inches deep). Put the pans inside the microwave oven.
- Pour hot water into the larger pan to about 1 1/4 inches to create a water bath. Bake the cheesecake at 160°C for 1.5 hours. Turn off the heat. Open the door about an inch and let the cake cool in the microwave oven for an hour. This will help prevent the cheesecake surface from cracking. Cover the top of the pan with foil. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator. Run the blunt side of a knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Gently unmould from the springform pan and transfer to the cake-serving dish. Spread the top with the sour cream mixture. Garnish with fresh strawberries and strawberry sauce.
Tips: You may also leave out the sour cream mixture and simply drizzle strawberry sauce on the cheesecake before serving.
- Graham Cracker Crust enough for large springform pan
- 900g Cream Cheese, room temperature (cut into chunks)
- 270g Granulated Sugar
- A pinch Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essense
- 4 Large Eggs
- 160ml Sour Cream
- 160ml Heavy Whipping Cream
- For topping Sour Cream Frosting
- For topping Strawberry Sauce