- Set the Cubie Oven to Convection with Preheat at 180oC.
- Cream the butter with icing sugar until light and fluffy, then add the egg.
- Fold in flour and mix until a dough is formed. Rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and roll each piece into a ball. Using a tart case, press the pastry ball into a flat piece.
- Line the dough in the middle of tart case, lightly pressing down.
- Refrigerate the tart cases for 30 minutes.
Egg Custard Filling
- Add the sugar into hot water, stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Beat eggs with evaporated milk lightly and mix well with the sugar water.
- Sift the egg mixture twice to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Divide red bean paste into 6 g each and place at bottom of the tart cases.
- Pour egg mixture into the tart cases and place them onto a steam bake tray.
- Bake for 17 – 22 minutes depending on the size of the tarts.
- Once done, remove from tart cases and serve warm.
- 125g salted butter
- 60g icing sugar
- 50g egg
- 240g plain flour
Egg custard Filling
- 100g sugar
- 225ml hot water
- 3 eggs
- 110ml evaporated milk
- 90g red bean paste