Recipe courtesy of Sherson Lian
- Clean and cut the chicken into small pieces then throw into boiling water, cook for 1 minute then remove. Ensure not to cook chicken thoroughly as it will be steamed further.
- In a large glass container, mix the ginger, wood ear fungus, goji berries, red dates, chicken essence, salt, Chinese rice wine and soy sauce together. Ensure you mix well.
- Place the semi-cooked chicken into the mixture and mix well.
- Steam for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with spring onion and coriander then serve hot!
- ½ kampung chicken, cut to small pieces
- 100 grams old ginger, sliced
- 50 grams wood ear fungus, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 4 red dates, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 bottle chicken essence
- Salt to taste
- 2 cap Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Spring onion and coriander for garnish