Catfish, luffa, pineapple, sawtooth herb and rice paddy herb in authentic Vietnamese sauce.
1) Heat oil, then add garlic, lemongrass along with onions and sauté until fragrant. Coarsely chop the tomato in a blender and add to the onion mixture.
2) Combine a little water with tamarind paste, then strain to remove seeds and stems.
3) Pour the tamarind paste into a pot along with the remaining amount of water and add fish fillets, angled luffa pieces and pineapples. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Season soup with fish sauce and add the freshly chopped herbs to the soup just before serving.
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 2 stalks Lemongrass, smashed
- 1 Brown onion, sliced
- 1 Tomato, large
- 2 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1.2L Water
- 300g Catfish fillets
- 100g Angled Luffa, cut into chunks
- 100g Pineapple, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 stalks Sawtooth herbs, chopped (aka Saw Leaf)
- 2 stalks Rice paddy herb