- Add sugar and instant coffee into a small saucepan, stirring over medium-low heat until all sugar is dissolved and you achieve a brown, bubbly caramel. Have a brush and bowl of water to brush the inside walls of the saucepan to prevent the caramel from burning. This would take 10-15 minutes.
- Pour caramel individual serving ramekins/mould, just enough to cover the base. Allow it to harden as you make the custard.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and eggs with a hand mixer at low speed.
- Pour in milk, condensed milk, vanilla, cream and coffee. Continue to beat with the hand mixer till evenly combined. Don’t get it frothy.
- When the caramel has set, ladle in the custard, leaving about 1-inch space from the top.
- Arrange a few ramekins onto the tray then insert into the Cubie Oven at low steam for 30 minutes, then for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from oven. When cool, refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours.
- To serve, use a palette knife to loosen the edges, prop a plate over the ramekin, then overturn the plate.
- 300ml Single / Whipping cream
- 300ml fresh Milk
- 250ml Condensed milk
- 200ml Vietnamese coffee
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 5 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp Instant coffee powder