Refreshing and wholesome Mediterranean inspired salad – full of unsaturated fat that is excellent for the heart.
- Cut 2 avocados in halves, remove the seeds. To prepare the avocados for serving, rub a bit of lemon juice on the flesh to prevent them from turning brown. To prepare the avocados for the filling, dice the flesh of 1 avocado into small cubes.
- To make the filling, cut the watermelon and the vine cherry tomatoes into small cubes, about the same size as the avocado cubes. Mix the watermelon, tomatoes and avocado cubes together and season with the salt, pepper, lemon juice and Italian parsley.
- To make the mixture, add the flesh of 1 avocado and a dash of lemon juice in the mixer grinder. Pulse to get a coarse mixture. Scoop the mixture into the 4 avocado halves for serving.
- Fill the avocado halves with the avocado mixture. Top with the watermelon, avocado and tomato filling and feta cheese. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Tips: To select a ripe avocado, look for a browner looking one with a reasonable amount of softness when pressed gently.
- 2, for serving Avocado, halved
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 for blending Avocado
- 100g Watermelon
- 100g Vine Cherry Tomatoes
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian Parsley, chopped
- 120g Feta Cheese
- 1 handful Fresh Mint Leaves