Recipe courtesy of Sarah Benjamin
- Soak 1 packet of gelatine powder in 2 tablespoons cold water until softened.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the coconut water and keep simmering with 4 tablespoons of caster sugar. Stir in the softened gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Divide the coconut water mixture evenly among serving glasses. Place inside the fridge to set – this takes about 3-4 hours.
- Soften the remaining 1 packet of gelatin powder in 2 tablespoons cold water.
- Juice the watermelon flesh to obtain 400ml watermelon juice, then heat up gently with 1 to 2 tablespoons caster sugar (dependant on sweetness of watermelon).
- Stir in the lime juice, off the heat.
- Dissolve the softened gelatin in the watermelon juice completely. Pour the watermelon juice mixture on top of the set coconut water jelly and return to the fridge for another 3-4 hours, until completely set.
- Before serving, top each glass with cubed watermelon and julienned mint leaves.
- 400ml Coconut Water
- 600g Watermelon Flesh
- 50ml Lime Juice
- 8tbs Caster Sugar
- 2 envelopes Gelatine powder
- 4tbs Cold Water
- 1 cup Cubed Watermelon flesh, to serve
- Julienned Mint Leaves, to serve