Whole Rotisserie Chicken
- Preheat Panasonic Electric Oven on to 230°C on both upper and lower tubes.
- Rinse chicken thoroughly and pat dry with paper towel. Rub butter all over chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the seasoning ingredients. Rub chicken inside and out with spice mixture. Chill for 4 hours or more.
- Remove chicken from chiller and let it return to room temperature.
- Place chicken onto the rod and secure tightly with the fork.
- Truss the chicken with string. Place the whole chicken into the oven.
- Line the baking tray with aluminium foil and place the potatoes, carrots, lemon slices and cherry tomatoes on it. Toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the tray into the electric oven, below the chicken.
- Set oven to Rotisserie mode and cook the chicken for 75 minutes or until the juice runs clear when checked with a knife or skewer.
- Cover the chicken with foil for at least 10 minutes before carving.
- 1.1 kg chicken
Marinade for chicken
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp brown sugar
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp dried thyme leaves
- 50 g salted butter, soften
- 200 g potato, halved
- 100 g baby carrot, peeled
- 100 g cherry tomato, halved
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dashes of salt
- dashes of pepper
Leave the roast chicken to rest before cutting to keep the meat juicy