- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- ½ yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 baby bok choy leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Thai chilies, chopped horizontally
- 90g chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
- 150g medium raw shrimp, with shell and deveined
- 200g fresh flat rice noodles
- 200g fresh yellow noodles
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- Heat a pan over high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, swirling to coat the sides; fry the garlic and egg together until it is about 60% cooked and cut it into pieces, take note that this is not an omelet so do not break the yolk. Remove the cooked egg and set aside.
- Add the remaining cooking oil into the same pan and stir fry the red pepper, yellow pepper, bean sprouts, bok choy, green onion and Thai chilies and cook, constantly stirring, until fragrant. Add the chicken and shrimp; stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and yellow noodles in the pan, add in all the sauce ingredients; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the egg and continue to cook until all the ingredients are well-cooked.