Chunky avocado mash on toasted sourdough with an eggy richness
- Preheat the microwave oven by pressing OVEN once, turn the dial to set the temperature to 200°C and press START/SET. Spread 1⁄2 tablespoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread and toast in the preheated microwave oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Fill a deep pot halfway with water. Lay out a small piece of cling wrap and crack the egg into the cling wrap. Fold up the sides of the cling wrap and tie a knot. Do the same with all the remaining eggs. Bring the water to a simmer, add the eggs and let them sit in the hot water for 6 minutes.
- To make the avocado mixture, mash the avocado with the hand blender. Add the lime juice, parsley, distilled white vinegar, salt and pepper and blend. Slather the avocado mixture on two slices of toast.
- Take the eggs out of the hot water, remove them from the cling wrap and place two eggs over the avocado mixture on each slice of toast. Sprinkle a little salt, pepper and more parsley. Place another slice over each slice of toast.
Tips: Do not store avocado in the fridge as it needs to ripen at room temperature.
- 4 slices Sourdough Bread
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- As needed Water
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- To taste Salt & Pepper