- Preheat Panasonic Electric Oven on to 180oC on both upper and lower tubes.
- Spread the oats, almond flakes and sesame seeds on baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a 18 cm square tin with parchment paper (ensure that there is sufficient overhang on two opposite sides of the parchment paper to pull out the mixture later).
- Heat up the granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, butter, honey, salt and vanilla essence in a medium pot just until sugars are melted.
- Crushed the cornflakes lightly by hand.
- Add the crushed cornflakes and toasted ingredients to the liquid mixture and toss well to coat the dry ingredients with the liquid mixture.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared tin and level the mixture.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 160oC and bake for 30 minutes.
- Scatter the chocolate candy over the hot cereal mixture and press down firmly (with a fondant smoother or back of a spoon) to compact the mixture without crushing the candy.
- Leave to cool in the tin. Cut into bars.
- 150 g instant oats
- 40 g almond flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 50 g Kellogg’s Cornflakes
- 25 g granulated sugar
- 15 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp melted butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 30 g sugar coated chocolate candy
Chocolate candy can be replaced with raisins