Light caramel sauce, oven roasted bananas, milk custard and nuts.
- Mix the caramel sauce and half of the cream. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Using a hand mixer, beat sugar, vanilla and remaining cream for about 5 minutes until soft peaks form. Do not over mix or the cream will split.
- Break the ladyfinger biscuits in half and lightly dip into the coffee. In a glass cup, assemble the trifle. Begin with a layer of dipped ladyfinger biscuits, followed by the slices of microwave oven-roasted bananas, a drizzle of caramel sauce and a layer of whipped cream. Repeat the layering procedure until glass is full.
- Top the trifle with whipped cream and a slice of banana, then sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Tips: To make roasted bananas, preheat the microwave oven by pressing OVEN once, turn the dial to 180°C, and press START/SET. Cut bananas in thick slices and arrange in a baking tray. Roast in the microwave oven for 5 minutes.
- 230ml Caramel Sauce
- 500ml Thickened Cream
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 200g Ladyfinger Biscuits
- 4 tbsp Kahlua or Rum
- 100ml Regular Coffee for dipping
- 3 Sliced Bananas, oven roasted
- 100g Sliced Almonds, toasted