- Preheat Panasonic Electric Oven to 180oC on upper and lower tubes.
- In a bowl, sieve together flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, creaming well in between each addition. Stir in vanilla essence.
- Fold in half of the flour mixture. Mix in the milk. Fold in the remaining flour mixture. Be careful not to overmix.
- Divide the batter equally into three 5” round cake tins lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until cooked. Cool.
- To make the butter icing, cream together butter and icing sugar until well mixed.
- Trim off the top part of each cake.
- Assemble the cake with butter icing on each layer and spread the icing around the sides and top of the cake.
- Decorate with fresh carnation flowers and other flowers of your choice.
- 210 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 240 g butter
- 190 g castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp milk
- 150 g butter
- 300 g icing sugar
- Fresh carnation flowers
- Other colourful flowers and leaves