Hainanese-style boiled chicken with stock-infused rice.
- In a non-stick pan, render chicken fat till almost crackling. Remove chicken tails. Sauté ginger and garlic till fragrant. Add pandan leaves and rice, then pour in the stock and add liquid concentrated chicken stock. Mix well, transfer to rice cooker, select WHITE RICE and press start.
- Bring water, spring onions and ginger to a boil. Add chicken and reduce temperature to a slow simmer. Cover pot and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and immediately immerse in ice-cold water until completely chilled.
- Debone chicken and arrange chopped chicken meat on a serving plate. Serve with ginger and spring onion confit, rice, chilli sauce and coriander leaves.
Tips: For best results, make sure to thoroughly strain water from rice after washing.
- 60g Chicken Fat, rendered from chicken tails
- About 45g Old Ginger, sliced
- 6-8 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 Pandan Leaves
- 450g Rice, washed and strained
- 750ml Stock, from boiled chicken
- 4 tbsp Liquid Concentrated Chicken Stock
- 4L Water
- 50g Spring Onion Stalks
- 30g Ginger, sliced
- About 1.8kg Chicken, whole
- As desired Chili Sauce
- As desired Coriander Leaves