Whip up this chocolate mousse, refrigerate for at least an hour, and top with whipped cream and grated chocolate just before serving. Make this delicious sweet treat to impress any chocolate lover.
1) Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt on MICRO POWER medium for 5 minutes. Stir the chocolate every few minutes until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
2) Place the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat using the hand mixer for 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and double in volume. Fold in the cooled chocolate and cocoa powder until well combined. Add the fine zest of 1 orange and 1 lemon.
3) In a separate bowl, whip the cream until thickened (be careful not to over beat). Carefully fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, try to keep the mixture as light as possible.
4) Pipe into 4 serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove the mousse from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with a topping of whipped cream and grated chocolate
- 300g Chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 55g Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 1 Orange, zest only
- 1 Lemon, zest only
- 300ml Thickened Cream
- Whipped Cream, for garnish
- Grated Chocolate, for garnish