- ½ green cabbage
- ½ purple cabbage
- 1 red Spanish onion
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 20 grams parsley, chopped
- Slice green and purple cabbage into quarters and remove cores. Shred finely using a mandolin. Finely slice red Spanish onion with a mandolin and set aside.
- Peel carrots and grate using a box grater, creating long shreds.
- Transfer cabbage shreds into a big mixing bowl and sprinkle salt and sugar over, mix by hand for 5 minutes to combine ingredients thoroughly. This process will pickle and soften the cabbage.
- Place cabbage shreds into a big strainer and rinse under running water, then transfer to a salad spinner to get rid of excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard and cider vinegar. Season with sugar and black pepper. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, mix the green and purple cabbage, red onion and carrots. Add in the salad dressing and gently mix with salad tosser.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley.