- Place pineapples and water in a bowl.
- Put in Panasonic Microwave Oven (NN-DS596BMPQ) and set to Micro Power – High (1000Watt).
- Cook for 4 minutes. Discard the water and set aside.
- Cook spices for 1.5 minutes. Stir after 1 minute.
- Blend spices using Panasonic Mixer Grinder (MX-AC400) until fine.
- Place blended ingredients into the blender jar. Blend well into a paste.
- Combine blended paste, spices, coconut milk, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Arrange crabs, turmeric leaf and tamarind skin.
- Cook for 4 minutes and give it a stir.
- Continue to cook for another 4 minutes and add the pineapples.
- Cook for a final 3 minutes then remove and serve.
- 300g pineapples, cut into small wedges
- 100 ml water
- 3 crabs, halved
- 600-700 ml coconut milk (1 coconut)
- 1 turmeric leaf, knotted
- 1 pc dried tamarind skin
- Salt, sugar to taste
- 2-3 birds eye chilies
- 2 red chilies
- 2 green chilies
- 4 shallots
- 2 cm turmeric
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1 tsp cumin